Friday, April 13, 2012

clothes month, so far

Okay, so my biggest concern thus far with clothes month of 7 is my pants getting too tight since food month is over. that, and that my 5 items of clothing will "wear out" with the constant washing and wearing. Really hoping they don't since I've got my 2 favorite shirts and my favorite jeans.
I lost 10 pounds last month, and let's just say the Easter candy is doing its part in putting it back on. evil candy. and what I mean by "evil candy" is "I really have self-control issues when it comes to sweets."
On a more spiritual note, I get the feeling my concerns of out-growing or wearing out my clothes are not totally superficial. What if these were my only 5 (and 2 shoes) items to wear indefinately? It wouldn't matter if these were my favorite things, 'cause they would be my ONLY things. While I hope they stay in good shape because I love them, I know I have plenty of other things to wear if they do wear out by the time this month is over. What if I didn't? Would I take better care of what I do have to make it last?
Also, I'm totally happy just wearing these clothes. I occasionally miss my "comfy pants" and a sweater would be nice at times, but I'm a jeans & t-shirt gal, so this has not been a problem. And it is awesome to not think at all about what to wear in the morning. I just put on my clothes and go. No thought about mood, how it fits, if I want to look "cute" or whatever. It's simple.

This will definatly tie in well with next month as I address possessions and get rid of 7 things a day. I really don't need most of the things in my closet. REALLY! I see a great purge coming, and I'm really excited!

1 comment:

  1. You are right! I think we get too possessive over ALL of our things and don't consider the big picture. When it comes down to it, it's just a shirt! It's not going to save the world or something...

    Man, getting rid of 7 things a day... Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete