Wednesday, May 2, 2012

pity party at my house!

sometimes, as a mom, I feel like my life is on hold. It's such a funny thing to say. My children grow so quickly, time flies by, but I feel like I'm standing still. Like it's all going on around me, and I'm frozen in time in the moment I became a mother.
I don't feel this way all the time, but there are days, like today, when there is something I really want to do, but can't because I'm a mom, and this world is not always set up in such a way that allows moms to pursue their desires. I wouldn't trade my babies for anything! They are my life's work. And I know I'm pretty selfish sometimes and want to do what I want to do, and just have some fun, and then cry when I can't. I know God wants me to be a mom; I'm not sure an important part of His plan for my life is singing or crafting or going out. So when I can't do those things, I probably shouldn't be such a big baby about it. It's part of the package deal - responsibility and sacrifice for these beautiful gifts God has chosen to give me. It's really a beautiful reminder of the love and sacrifice of Jesus. He gave all he had, his life, for his children. I am happy to give up my own wants and ambitions for my children.

gosh! could you just let me have a pity party for a little while!?!

1 comment:

  1. girl I'll come over and have a pity party with you but I need someone to watch my kids and my neighbor's kids!!! I guess we will have an online pity party ;)
    All I can say is one advantage to having those kids at a young age is that you will still have time enjoy going out, crafting and singing when you are young and they are grown!
    But ya - perspective -- God what are you wanting from me in the long run that this sacrifice is going to benefit?

    ReplyDelete